Monday, December 22, 2008

Why Christmas?

Life seems more sensitive or tender during the last few weeks of December than any other time of the year. Perhaps it is the materialistic culture that we live in. Maybe is it our desire to be recognized or to please people. Could it be our unmet expectations? Or expectations that are ungodly? As I asses my heart I see evidence of all of these. Realizing this makes me scared to look to deep into my heart for fear of how corrupt it really is.

Thank you to my pastor for preaching the Word yesterday and engaging my heart with the good news of Christ!

Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness:
He was manifested in the flesh,
vindicated by the Spirit,
seen by angels,
proclaimed among the nations,
believed on in the world,
taken up in glory.
1 Timothy 3:16

No comments: