Saturday, August 1, 2009

Virginia : Training


We celebrated our 20 months of marriage last night with a trip to wal-mart and cold stone ice cream! Sounds silly, but all I wanted was some ice cream. We are here at the ILC in Virginia where there is no dessert to be found. Limited soda (which doesn't bother me since I haven't drank it since 9th grade) can only be found in the drink machines. No desserts is probably of great benefit to me and the baby because as we all know I LOVE sweets! No temptation means I will eat more fruit and veggies.
We really enjoy our new home thus far. Especially our quad mates. All four of the families we live in a quad with are going to Brazil! We are becoming very disciplined since our schedules are given to us with assignments and due dates included. Eating dinner at 5pm has been the most difficult because I'm hungry again before I go to bed. I think our baby is going to be night owl too. However, I do get up at or before 7am. I have been able to take naps most days which is awesome!
Tomorrow we will start our worship together as a quad/ppl group in the morning and our cultural worship at night with everyone. We will be having a mapping ceremony for each couple or single to post their picture on the city where they will be serving. Should be a great time of celebration!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

No dessert?? Wow! :-) I'm glad you get to go get cold stone from time to time...

Tara & Johhny said...

you don't get to eat anything past 5pm?!? that would have just about killed me when i was pregnant!