Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sewing Project



My new sewing machine was just the push I needed to jump in and complete my sewing project. I thought about what I was going to make for my daughter... first, it has to either go into the crate not to be seen again until Feb. 2011 or small and light enough to travel in our luggage. Second, it probably should not be clothes because she has plenty. Third, I'm still a beginner so it needs to be simple. Therefore, I decided to make her crib bedding. After buying some of the fabric I found out that cribs are not the same size in Brazil. So I returned the bumper pad forms... and was discouraged. Then, my new sewing machine arrived and had a sewing night with friends. Now I am back on track for completing at least a dust ruffle before she arrives (that is if she stays at "hotel utero" until her due date- Oct.30).

3 comments:

Lea Ann said...

Looks great! Ya know...you could go ahead and make the bumper pad and I could ship it to you! You must get your "sewing gene" from your Nana...certainly not from me or G-mom!

Rebecca said...

Good fabric choices!! ;)

Us! said...

yay emily! how cute! i'm proud of you! here's another quick sewing idea. I know there are lots of baby carriers/slings out ther enow, but my favorite sling for Sara Kate was one i made, a 'ring sling', b/c it was adjustable. I can still put her in it if need be, and she sometimes asks to ride in it! here's a website and where you can get some rings. http://www.slingrings.com/
AND they are small! easy packing