Friday, January 18, 2008

Madison- a gift

Nine months happens slowly when you are waiting anxiously for a precious gift! But so much can happen in the waiting.

The past nine months have included dating, engagement and marriage for us! We don't like to waste any time. God has brought many trials and struggles, but I am thankful because this is not my ultimate home. So if necessary, for a little while, if I must face hardship I can rejoice in the hope that has been revealed to me in Christ Jesus. The past week and a half has been one of the most difficult I have ever experienced in my 25 years. Although, the season of struggle is still among us I am learning how much control I long to have and how much better it is for me to TRUST in my Redeemer. He is sovereign!
1 Peter
6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Baby Madison was born Monday January 14th! Lee, Lara and Braden are our dear friends and we treasure their spiritual care for us. So this time is so special and encouraging. Life is very precious, but death is sweeter! No more suffering, no more trials.. I think of Philippians 1:
21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22 If I am to live in the flesh, that means fruitful labor for me. Yet which I shall choose I cannot tell. 23 I am hard pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better.

Madison is still in the hospital because she is boarder line diabetes. Her little body is fighting this disease, but is not doing so well. Her time on the earth has been so short and she is already facing the struggles this world brings. She has done nothing to deserve this pain, but yet she doesn't deserve the love of her heavenly Father. None of us do, but he freely forgives us and calls us his own.
I am reminded of a song by Sovereign Grace Ministry titled: Isn't He Good

Your goodness
Found us in the darkness
Rescued us and freed us
Cleansed us from within
You saved us
Freely You forgave us
Counted us as righteous
And heirs with Your own Son

Isn’t He good, isn’t He kind
Hasn’t He blessed us time after time
Isn’t He good, all of our days
With endless mercies
And ceaseless grace
Oh let us sing: He is good

Your mercies meet us
With the daybreak
And every breath that we take
Points us to Your grace
Your power
Keeps us till the hour
Every knee will bow and
Worship Christ alone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for baby Madison and the family...I can not begin to imagine what they are going through, I will remember them daily! Love you!