Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Rejoice in Lord always

2008!
Doesn't seem real that it is 2008. I can still remember being in elementary school writing the date in the top right corner of my note book paper, January 8, 1989, 1990, 1991... I always wrote the previous year for the first three months of the new year.

There has been some sad news in my life. At the end of a very exciting eventful year my camera went missing. Still don't know what happened to it... it was just gone. It was a good 2 years together, but now it's gone. So unfortunately no pictures on the blog. Perhaps this will inspire me to write more.

My husband got me a book called "Shopping for Time" by the ladies of Girl Talk a while back and I finished reading it right after the new year. A whole chapter is dedicated to the importance of a personal retreat. The Lord convicted me to take my own personal retreat. So I did last Friday afternoon. I set some goals for myself and locked the door of a room at the ministry house with my Bible, a blank notepad, a list of goals for my time, and questions asked in the book. Four hours later I came out refreshed, excited, and motivated. God taught me about character: poor in spirit, mourn, meek, hunger and thirst for righteousness, merciful, pure in heart, peacemaker, and persecuted.

Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven...

This is my plea for your joy and godliness to set aside a specific chunk of time to be still before God and be proactive about planning the next few months of your life.

No comments: