Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter






I'll bet you don't know where the name Easter comes from... As we we're celebrating our Risen Lord on Sunday with our new church family no one discussed the fact that Christians celebrate the resurrection of Christ on a day called Easter. Crazy how you can do something all your life and never know the origins. Later that night we invited some international students over for dinner before we took them to our church's musical. One of them casually asked what Easter meant. Of course, I thought he was asking about Christ. No, he knew that part, but he wanted to know where the name came from. Thanks to google I was able to find out in minutes.
Are you curious yet? Well, I thought about giving you the answer, but from you own good I decided to let you find out for yourself. Happy googling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! No fair! I was anticipating the end to find out the answer!!!! :) I still love you though!