Monday, August 16, 2010

Week 22






Karis is on her 3rd hour of her nap, Steven is working out with a personal trainer, I finished all the necessary homework for class tomorrow sooo I probably should start dinner. But no. I will blog.
The thing about language learning is that you always have something to study or work on. It's never ending. I'm okay with that, but I do enjoy seeing a beginning and an ending. I would do some crafts, but I hate crafts. Mostly I hate glitter and things you can't get to be perfect (like who can cut a straight line?). So therefore, I love to bake. This past week I made a new Betty recipe. It's similar to an apple pie, but since I don't have a pie pan (well, I do have one, but it's in our crate and I refuse to buy one b/c I have one) I made the crust a pastry and folded it on top of its self. Anyways, it was really good. The pancakes I made Sunday were not great b/c here is Brazil corn syrup tastes a lot like honey. Or maybe it's because I bought honey thinking it was syrup. I also noticed that the store that I usually buy peanut butter from does not have one single jar. I know this because I check each time I walk into the store. Thankfully I have 3 open jars right now. Mostly they are more on the empty side, sad. One is extra crunchy which I never thought I would eat, but when it's all you got... it was a gift from a church that came here from FL. I got another jar from my friend Sara b/c she has a lot (she is a M here in Brazil too). The 3rd is the peter pan I bought here. It's horrible. So I put it aside for when I get desperate. Which I shouldn't be b/c my friend Molly sent me some, but it's been a month and I still don't have it... meaning that it's probably stuck in customs! Frustrating! Along with the cheerios! Urgh!

On to more important things:
Karis had her first swim lesson. Not really a big fan of the lessons. So we are looking into a pool for us all to go to when we want to. We hope to find one soon because we are going to the beach in November for Thanksgiving and we want Karis to be able to enjoy the water. So we would like her to get used to it. We are all looking forward to this trip! 10 M families will gather in one huge house on the beach to eat turkey and dressing. Seriously it's going to be awesome! We are flying down b/c the drive is over 15 hours. Since K is still little we don't have to buy her a ticket. I can't wait to swim in the ocean in November. I really want to have a swim birthday party. I always wanted one growing up... do dreams really come true? Ha.

Steven and I have our "big" evaluation (aka test) coming up the end of the month. This is a 30 minute only oral test to see what level of language we have reached. Not really a way to study for this so we'll pray I don't clam up. Thankfully the company doesn't fire us if we aren't at a certain level. At least not until we have been here for 3 years.

I think this is the most I have blogged in ages. Probably bored you. Sorry. Thus this is my brain- thinking out loud. Scary.

The pic of Karis in her Auburn outfit with the cool shades was to celebrate her uncle Scott getting his first golf pro job in Auburn! War Eagle!

1 comment:

Lea Ann said...

Oh...ok...now we get it!!! Dad and I wondered about the random pic on the Ceiva with Karis sporting her AU onesie and sunglasses around her neck! Nice to see you finally got around to making Karis' Easter pics with her beautiful basket Stan and Melanie made for her.

I love it when your brain thinks out loud!

Love you.......................