Sunday, August 22, 2010

Week 23

All is quiet. Too quiet. I don't like it this quiet.
Karis is sleeping. Steven is at church. The neighbors are quiet for the first time today.
Once again there is something I should be doing, but instead I will share my thoughts.
Sometimes the way you think is correct sometimes turns out to be completely wrong. Thus, are the one way streets in Brazil. The streets are mostly one ways and often confusing especially when looking for a particular store that you have never been to.

Apparently our box has arrived from Molly, but of course it was delivered on Friday afternoon as everyone has already left the school. We have all of our mail from the US delivered to our school. Our boss says it is better this way. However, our apartment rent will now be in our name so perhaps we can have things shipped here? Sooo, we will pick up the box tomorrow when we go to school. I'm excited!

My friend started keeping Karis at our home while we are in school 3 days a week. I'm so thankful for her! I am missing her right now. I wish I was at church. But, she is doing a great job. Karis took a nap for her all three days last week. Impressive. She even took a little bit of a bottle (formula). I think she is okay with the formula although she still prefers "all natural". She will continue to help us out with Karis until we don't have classes or she is exhausted from all of the energy Karis requires. Because she is about 2 months pregnant. I am so excited for her! I can't believe she told me first. Not even her own mom. (Her husband knew.) Yes! A new little one is on the way. I am so sad that we probably won't still be here when he/she arrives. Our lives are so in motion. We never stay in one place very long! It is awesome.

This morning at church was good. We studied James 3: the tongue. Karis really loves the nursery and all the sweet ladies there. I would really like to have a "mom" friend. You know, to have play dates with/for Karis to play and me to chat. Strange that the only baby close to her age in both of our churches is 3 months younger than her. And really that is the only baby at all. I wonder if families with babies don't make it a priority to go to church? I always see a ton of babies out at the malls and parks. I don't get it. I guess I should hang out at the mall or park more often.

So the washing machine is done and I need jeans that are in there to wear to school in the morning. Still a little cold here in the mornings. Oh, that reminds me... our tile floor cracked! The area is the size of a double bed. Friday our house helper was here cleaning when she heard really loud scary noise. She called us at school and told us our floor busted up. We look forward to having it fixed, but not until next week. Long story, but things here just take longer. Especially when you are renting and it happens on Friday.

Long week ahead. Ready to speak Portuguese so I don't have to go to school everyday... oh, and so that I can say what I want.

No comments: