Saturday, October 9, 2010

Receiving Handwritten Letters



I can tell you exactly how many handwritten letters I have mailed since I moved to Brazil... two. My goal is to write more because until yesterday I had forgotten how wonderful it is to receive a note that someone wrote.

Yesterday we received a total of 14 personal letters! Yes, all at one time! It was so encouraging! Along with the notes we also received lots of gifts. Steven got books (his fav. thing), I got a book, ranch, and a magnetic picture frame (with a great pic inside), and K got a great new sippy cup and snack holders! We seriously needed these things and were looking to get some for her b'day. They are so expensive here!

We went out for pizza last night at our fav. place. The place just happens to be owned by the family that we lived with. We read all the letters together and just when we finished our Brazilian family arrived and the kids sat down and ate with us! So it was a really fun night!

Thank you beloved friends at FBC!

Julie- tell Lara that Karis thought of her this morning while we were at the park b/c we saw two mommy ducks. one mommy had 11 babies and the other had 8 or 9 (hard to count).

1 comment:

Julie Cratty said...

You got it!!!!! YEAH!!! I was wondering when that package would finally get to you! I'll pass on the news to everyone who wrote - they'll be glad to hear you liked the letters! Everyone was so glad to have the chance to write. Y'all are really missed.

Fun about the ducks. Lara will totally be jealous. For the record, I think y'all have a WAY cooler park than us...