Saturday, December 4, 2010

reoccuring themes - a list

Rainbows
Here in the Southern Hemisphere we are quickly approaching Summer. For us it is rainy season. I am especially thankful for the rain because it cools off the already 100 degree days. Not sure if the quick to come and quick to go rain is the cause of all the rainbows, but lately I see them almost every day. Thank you Lord for your promise.

Sore throat
I have been sick so much lately. Finally, this week on my 4th visit to the doctor, the second doctor that is, I have an answer to the 20-something year long question. Why do I have sore throats? And why do they seem to be worse here? After a couple of tests I was diagnosed with a 75% allergy to dust and mold and a 90% blockage of one of my nasal cavities. Although this diagnosis is chronic, medicine can help and so far it is.

baba
Portuguese for babysitter this word seems to cause much celebration/headache for our family. The first baba Karis had was to good to be true. We loved her. She got pregnant and then almost lost the baby so she had to quit. Our second baba we grew to love also became pregnant. She had some bad morning sickness and felt it was better for her not to keep Karis. Now we will start with our 3rd baba on Monday.

Pregnancy/births/adoptions
So many of my friends are pregnant or just had their baby. I'm talking number in the double digits. Yes, I think around 20.

I think I had another item to add to the list, but me forgetting something is also a reoccurring theme.

1 comment:

Julie Cratty said...

Oh, dear! I hope the new baba works out - wish Lara and I could watch her for you! I'm still praying for your health - so sorry that has been such a trial. I hope that Steven plans something really fun for your birthday, to lift your spirits! Make sure to take pictures!