Friday, September 17, 2010

Back to Our Apt





Floors and painting are done. Glad to be home, but missing our house in the country. We really enjoyed our time with the Brazilian family. I never had to worry about getting my language practice. I have many stories to tell about the last few weeks. Lets start with this one:
Last Sunday Steven went to eat lunch with some friends and I took Karis back to the country house because she needed a nap. When I arrived I noticed something black on the garage door. As I drove in I realized it was bees. Hundreds of bees, maybe thousands... they looked more like a piece of fabric or a towel thrown over the gate. More of them arrived and so did the family we were living with. They called the firemen and 3 hours later they arrived to take care of the growing problem. The firemen burned the bees to kill them. All the bees were put into a garbage bag. It was quiet interesting. I have a video to prove it. So I learned a lot of new vocabulary.

More stories to come...

Today reached 100 degrees. Thankfully the late afternoon sun was behind a lot of clouds so it cooled off a little. Karis and I went to the park to take some pics. Here are a few of the pics.

1 comment:

Julie Cratty said...

Glad you're home! And feeling better now, too...?? I've been praying...

Another thing - we now have a computer with camera! So I can skype! Would love to set up an appointment with you sometime...maybe we could let the girls see each other, too!