Monday, September 6, 2010

Random Thoughts






Today is a "bridge holiday" so we are enjoying a day of rest. Tomorrow is Independence Day for Brasil so we will enjoy another day of rest before we move again. Sundays are never restful so Mondays are always tough. Praise the Lord for days of rest. It was a beautiful morning with a refreshing breeze here in the countryside. Karis and I danced, took pictures of the animals (it's almost like with live in a zoo), and ate breakfast while Steven slept in. This time in the country has been awesome. Perfectly timed with the holidays so that we can enjoy it to the full.

If I could remember all the details of the last couple weeks I would tell you about them, but it's probably better that I don't. Many details that made me want to throw my arms up and call it quits. As in "are you serious" "is this really happening"... looking back I see my anger and frustration as pride and selfishness. Daniel has helped me a lot this week. Daniel as in the book of the Bible- the one about the refusal to worship other Gods, interpreting dreams, and the writing on the wall. Good stuff.

Yesterday we spent the day with a lovely family in a town about an hour from here. Joel is one of our professors at school. He has been with us since the beginning and we really consider him a dear friend. For a while we have been wanting to meet his family and spend more time with him and his fiance. Our plan was to stay over for a couple days during the holiday, but with our situation of illness and moving around we thought it best to only go for the day. Last night at Joel's church Steven was able to share his testimony and preach.

A storm is a brewing! It hasn't rained here in so long! I pray it rains for a long time.

3 comments:

Motsy said...

I can't believe how big sweet Karis is getting! She's such a pretty girl! I hope things are going well for you guys and hope to be able to see each other again soon.

Kelly said...

good to have a little update, I hope all the things that make you throw you arms up and passing by fast. ;)

Leah F said...

Um, isn't Karis wearing that jumper wrong side out? :-) Love you my friend! Lifting you up. Let's talk soon...